Living in Old San Ramon
The Montevideo/Pine Valley area in San Ramon is one of the most popular neighborhoods in the old part of San Ramon. All styles of homes, with construction beginning in the mid to late 60s and ending in the early 80s. There were sevaral builders, thus the various floor plans. Neighborhood borders Montevideo Dr. to San Ramon Valley Blvd. and Alcosta Blvd.
By some counts there are probably upwards of 3000 homes in this area. Homes range from 1000 square feet up to over 2600 saure feet. One the other attractive features of this San Ramon neighborhood are the generous size lots from 7000 sq. ft. over over 10,000 sq. ft.
There are four elementary schools in the neighborhood:
- Walt Disney on Pine Valley
- Country Club Elementary on Blue Fox Way
- Neil Armstrong Elementary on Westchester Dr
- Montevideo Elementary on Broadmoor Dr.
- Pine Valley Middle School on Pine Valley
- Cal High School on Broadmoor
Adjacent to Cal High is the San Ramon Olympic Center pool and tennis courts. Three main parks:
- Athans Downs Park which is the largest park with ball field, tennis courts, cildren's play area, picnic tables on Montevideo at Davano
- Boone Acres Park Pine Valley and Davona
- Dog Park on Del Mar
And let's not forget the San Ramon Golf Course, a 18 hole course. The areas in green on the map show exactly where the golf course is located:
For a quick view of this San Ramon neighborhood, check out this Video.