Where are the Luxury Homes in San Ramon?
There are a couple of distinct neighborhoods in San Ramon where you will find "luxury" style homes. But before we get into where they are, let's define a luxury home. In some areas of the country a luxury home would be considered any home with a sale price tag of $1,000,000. If we used that criteria in San Ramon, them almost every home would be considered a luxury home. I say this because right now October 2021 it is not possible to buy a single family detached home for under $1,000,000. The current median price is $1,600,000.
So what constitutes a luxury home? Is it amenities, such as:
- Winding staircases
- Home theaters
- Olympic size pools
- Outdoor kitchens
- Location - views of the city, mountains or golf course
- Gated community
My definition of luxury is size. A San Ramon home that is a minimum of 3700 square feet and priced close to $1,750,000. Where are these neighborhoods?
1. Norris Canyon Estates - homes built in 2001, gated community, 3939 to 6430 sq. ft., 4 to 6 bedrooms, anywhere up to 7 bathrooms, 3 and 4 car garages, luxurious master suites, several fireplaces, 1/2 to 1/3 acre lots and views. Price range $2 million and up.
2. The Bridges - specifically the Pointe and Summit Bridge. These homes are 5200 to 7000 sq. ft., many with court yards, casitas, nanny units. Golf course views, lots up to 1/4 acre
3. Old Ranch Summit - one and two story layouts, 3900 to 5000 sq. ft. 1/4 to 1/2 acre lots, built with high end appliances, some with casitas, fireplaces in the master, views of the San Ramon Valley, Priced from $2,000,000
4. Gale Ranch - scatered throughout Gale Ranch are a variety of homes that are 4000 sq. ft. and more, and like the bridges have courtyards, casitas on overside lots, enclosed patios. Homes range from 4000 to 5000 sq. ft, 5 and 6 bedroooms. Priced from $2 million and up.
5. Henry Ranch and the Oaks both located West Side San Ramon. There are a few homes that meet the criteria of 4000 sq. ft.
The above list is where you will find most of these luxury style homes in San Ramon. And if you are looking for more luxury, there is always Blackhawk custom homes in Danville. Blackhawk is probably the most exclusive/luxury neighborhood in the area.